Is Scripture Reliable? Join us on June 4th
City Church Family – please remember to join us on June 4 at 8am in the Community Room for a class and discussion about the reliability of Scripture. Marion Frackiewicz, one of our elders and formerly a pastor in Chicago, will lead the class. Unfortunately we cannot provide childcare for this class. We hope to for future classes.
Questions we will consider include:
- What do we mean when we talk about believing in biblical inerrancy and infallibility?
- What was Jesus’ own view of the Scriptures?
- Are the New Testament documents reliable?
- Why do we accept the New Testament as being on par with Old Testament since Jesus didn’t have the chance to commend it to us?
- What is textual criticism, and how does it help us know what the original biblical manuscripts said?
- How was the “canon” of Scripture (the books of the Bible) put together?
See you on June 4 at 8am!